With the recent news of one of the co-founders of the successful curl hair care products line, Miss Jessie’s, passing away earlier this month, sadly it is being reported that Titi Branch may have taken her own life.
Social media has away of allowing us to paint perfect pictures and to see the beautiful side of what can be a difficult industry at times. Growing up in a family with a history of mental illness, I am aware of how this disease can destroy marriages, families and careers. A stressful or unhappy life event usually triggers the depression.
Tips for coping with stress:
1. Get enough sleep.
2. Seek professional help or spiritual counseling.
3. Eat healthier, take vitamins.
4. Exercise regularly.
5.Get involved in activities that make you happy.
6. Spend time with family and friends.
7. Avoid alcohol, marijuana, and other recreational drugs.
8. Read motivational material.
Let’s not ignore signs of depression and seek professional help when needed.